For June 8-13th
We project that we will need a total of 312 nightly volunteers for our education sessions to be held at the schools. Volunteers will be expected to serve between the hours of 5:30PM - 8PM for the days selected.
Additionally, we will need several volunteers to help with the community service projects to be held during the daytime. Service projects will be underway 8AM-4PM Mon – Friday 6/9 - 6/13 to serve the community (all willing). Will have jobs of various intensity. Manual labor to light work and even deliveries.
The volunteer base for Saturday is yet to be determined. Select Saturday as well and you will be plugged into an appropriate area of service once the details are completed.
Instructions: Please complete this form so we will have record of your willingness to serve. Daytime service project details at the bottom of the page.
Daytime Project Details:
- Boys and Girls Club - Landscape area around Boys and Girls Club clubhouse. Workers predominately youth.
- Newport Convalescent Center - Spend time with residents visiting and participating in activity time.
- Habitat for Humanity - Provide work crew and materials to complete a home repair project applied for/approved by Sunset Gap.
- Appalachian Helping Hands - Sort clothes for clothing ministry for the needy on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Library Friends - Provide 2 volunteers. 1 morning shift and 1 afternoon shift to help with used book sale 6/7.
- Birthday Boxes - Purchase gift packs of toiletries for residents. Visit the residence to present the gifts.
- Douglas Cooperative - Prepare gift packs of toiletries for residents. Visit the residence to present the gifts.
- Prepare kits w/ Recovery Bible, other encouraging materials and list of local NA/AA meetings. Treatment facility to present to Cocke County residents who complete the program.